Monday 31 January 2011

Sardines?

Monday. My head's all over the place, and my legs don't feel connected to the rest of me anymore. A day of too many people, too many different things. Tomorrow my parenting skills (ie lying on the sofa avoiding domestic mundanities, failing to plan menus, random supermarket raids producing more to wear than to eat, and have we mentioned the magazines?) are being put under scrutiny vis a vis why Boy 1 is no longer on the radar of school. Should be interesting....
Meanwhile, I am going to have to face the cold and joyless world that is online grocery ordering. That's usually 45 minutes of looking at miniscule photographic representations of meaningless stuff, and accidentally buying the vegetables by the packet and not individually. Yeah, I really wanted 12 packets of tomatoes that time. In the meantime I have convinced myself that we do actually have enough to concoct dinner tonight... as long as its sardine risotto.

And today's soundtrack is that of the fishtank gurgling, and a pair of 11 year olds demolishing biscuits whilst spying on their friends' mums' facebook. On second thoughts, I'll get that Interpol cd...

No comments: