Friday 28 January 2011

From New Earrings To Bobbie Gentry

Guilty of yet another detour in the supermarket, I've ended up with more earrings. Dangly and not ones to wear if you were trying to wedge a phone between your ear and a hunched shoulder, their silver wire fiddly configuration reminds me of these:



                 

       Metal Mandalas

Forgetting their name, googling "bendy wire beaded Indian toy" got "DIY budgie playground" and "why cats might like chewing wire". I may need to know those things one day....

These mandala patterns........ 
                                                        
            

.......remind me of a Sonia Delaunay painting that stopped me in my tracks at the Tate when I was 17:

And so far this evening we have been playing Deacon Blue. And, blow me down. There's that Bobbie Gentry cover...

No comments: