Sunday 23 January 2011

7 Things - Part Two

For Kim, who has given me my 2nd award. Actually, I could just post lists whenever I felt like it but Kim has actually asked me to do this one! And I am in a fractured-Sunday-afternoon-mood, where I can hide from the kitchen on here and not have to concentrate on anything much...

  1. I do not have a driving licence. Loads of lessons but too inconsistent -  veered between good driving days and totally terrible driving days. Irrational fear of failing the test, but did pass the theory test (2 pairs of shoes to celebrate.) My dream car it would be a black Citroen DS or a cream vintage Jag, but if it had to be a new one it would be a Chrysler Landcruiser because they remind me of the car in the Waltons.
  2. I don't have any siblings but always wanted some.
  3. When I was about 3 I sat under my Grandma's table and put a grapefruit pip in my ear (pretending it was a hearing aid). Cue late night trip to A&E to have it extracted....
  4. I once made a cup of herbal tea for Donna Karan, who was visiting where I used to work.
  5. I drink black tea, or coffee with a really precise amount of milk in. The craze for skinny lattes, etc, is totally passing me by...
  6. The first band I ever saw was Be Bop Deluxe.
  7. I hate "The Cupcake Industry". So twee. Cakes are for slicing...

6 comments:

The Pea Pod said...

I'm with you on the cup cake thing. I've never 'got' it.

Good list, give yourself a gold star xx

Trashsparkle said...

"The Cupcake Industry" makes me seethe! Its all part of that "thing" where girls stand and screech at each other, and do hugs, when they've all in fact seen each other only the day before! Do we feel a ranty post coming on???

The Pea Pod said...

I know exactly what you mean...

I've always been a bit miffed by girls that can't go to a public loo on their own - drives me bloody nuts!

am I just too independent for my own good?

Kim said...

The thing I don't get about cupcakes is...they are small..you just have to eat more than twoto feel satisfied and they are expensive..but they are big here in the U.S. too..but I don't really get it..but I don't get a lot of things. Whole bakery shops filled with nothing but cupcakes..Flying Cupcakes one is called...but then there is another shop dedicated to just popcorn..Just Pop In...Wow..I guess they are doing well. They are still in business.

Trashsparkle said...

I can't possibly moan about popcorn - apart from the noise, and the potential for people to throw it around...!

Johnpatrickhiggins said...

We share a taste in cars and an inability to drive them. Salut!