Saturday 4 June 2011

A Post About Some Posters

Every now and then I think how wow it would be to have an old early James Bond film poster. 2 things bring me back to the realms of sense; lack of wall space for a 3' x 2' image, and the fact that I get bored easily so buying one would be uber-impractical. I love the typography used in old images from that era, specially the Connery ones, and the foreign language ones look amazing. So when I found 6 calendars of film posters on ebay, with oodles of mini versions of the posters to cut out and frame, it would have been silly to choose just one...

So this is what the postman rocked up with today:


8 comments:

Vix said...

I love 1960's era Bond films (although I'm rather smitten with a certain Mr Craig). Great purchase, I don''t blame you for buying the lot! xxx

Trashsparkle said...

I've got a feeling a radical transformation of the dining room is afoot - bit like when I bought the white lamp and ended up painting half the lounge and changing it all round. Some pix of Mr C on "Afternoon with men in make-up" if you haven't seen them - you are allowed to drool, as long as Jon doesn't see it ;)

Scarlett said...

Got to love ebay for finding amazing stuff! Great buy Scarlett x

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

I'm so sorry I haven't visited for ages. Thanks so much for your lovely comments at mine.

I love vintage film posters, there's a great shop in Soho that has a brilliant selection they do online too http://www.vinmag.com/

xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

PS. And of course Ebay which you know I love xx

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

PPS. If you change your comments to pop up your readers don't have to constantly refresh new pages for every post and every comment. And Blogger has a spam filter so no need for word verification.

Go to Dashboard - Settings - Comments - Pop Up Window and then remove WV xx

Trashsparkle said...

Thanks Christina - will have a look at the comments-control-wotsits; anything to make this blog easier to get around can only be a good thing!
Having a really-want-to-take-everything-out-of-the-room-and-start-again moment re the bond posters, blue table etc; I love the zen of tidiness, but have the procrastination of a maximalist slob!

Trashsparkle said...

Thanks Scarlett - loving the compacts you keep finding. Wondering how good some might look dangling, on fishing wire, from my made-it-myself chandelier...