Tuesday 14 June 2011

Sand(paper), Bucket And Trowel

I'm being super-duper focussed at the moment (can't exactly say this week in case I jinx myself) spending some hard-core time fixing up the house. The house that is perpetually unfinished. Well, the annual long summer holiday has now started and I have 2 AND A HALF MONTHS OFF WORK!! Am I in the right job or what! Obviously the pay for only working 9.5 months a year is a bit of a drawback, but I prefer the time over the cash... Have been working my way round the kitchen since yesterday - tacking an extension lead along one wall (for the dishwasher; having paid an electrician 2 years ago to put in sockets, only to decide to change the layout el cheapo-style), putting up a rail for the tea-towel & oven gloves, and this morning I've sanded the long wall above the sideboard and cooker so I can finally finish painting that wall. Dull stuff, but its high-time it got done. Then all the vintagey bits will come out of storage and go back on the shelves to get greasy and dusty  to look magnificent again ;)

Ah well, tea-break in the garden over - better fix another shelf, wipe the dust off myself and go buy the paint. Far too messy in there to cook tonight - it'll be 2-for-1 pizza delivery!

7 comments:

Kylie said...

goodluck Ms Trashsparkle, been there done that, fun! fun! fun!
In the next couple of months we are replacing our kitchen with a new bathroom so there will be lots of take-away for us!

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello:
We cannot say that we envy you [the on-going decorating work] for that would be a lie. However, we do share with you the wish always to get a job done and finished and then the satisfaction of sitting back! Think what fun you will have once the painting is complete arranging all of your vintage pieces on the shelves.

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Check you out, I have so much I should be doing around the house but the lure of the laptop is too strong!

Vix said...

Don't forget to post your kitchen pictures when you've finished. xxx

Lisa-Marie said...

Good luck. Husband and I are trying to sort our flat that needs doing up, but we are only there on consecutive weekends, so it's slow progress! this week there will be painting!

Young at Heart said...

ooh you're inspiring me...my kitchen is in desperate need of a little TLC....and then some!!

Kim said...

Photos, photos, photos please!