Wednesday 25 May 2011

Collections 1

At last, some semblance of regularity in what I might post in the future, seeing as this is number one.... in a series.

Being a bit lazy always terribly busy doing other things, I don't always post pics of bits and pieces I've hauled back from junk markets, charity shops, and sometimes the roadside... so here are some recent finds.



 I totally adore old Quality Street tins, with this gorgeous pinky-lilac colour and the 101-Dalmations-era illustrations. Next time I'm at my dad's I'll look for the one I had back in the day - his house is a total time capsule, from 1957-1973. Furnished in the late 50s, and not significantly decorated since my mum moved out in 73. (She marked time until she could divorce him by taking out the frustration in papering whole rooms in a constant cycle of the latest patterns, and dad being a typical man just updates the electrical goodies and ignores the decor.) There'll be Some Serious Wallpaper Photos coming here, circa summertime. Come to think of it, I'd love to enlarge those prints onto canvas and put them on my walls!

No real idea about this one - it seems to be an hors d'oeuvre/condiments dish and I would imagine its late 60s, as there was a lot of paua shell knick knacks coming over from New Zealand at that time. My Grandma had the most fantastic tiered paua shell stand - probably for plants - that her brother got her, but my cousin nabbed it first! I've got some coasters and a tray up in the depths of the loft - time to resurrect them.

 And of course this ain't remotely vintage but its the nearest thing to a vintage phone I have at the moment ;)

4 comments:

Loo xx from Jumbles and Pompoms said...

Good post. Anything with the word "collections" in it is bound to make me overexcited! Wallpaper too! Looking forward to seeing more.

Vix said...

I love looking at other people's collections, it stops me feeling so weird myself. My Dad's got the most beautiful hot pink psychedelic washable wallpaper Mum put up in 1970. I'd love to peel it off and put it up here, it's like taking a trip when I visit my childhood bathroom. xxx

Trashsparkle said...

Loo
Now that I've "launched" the series I'm itching to photograph more stuff - the next one could just be an avocado green theme. or circuses... x

Vix
Ha ha - have I just been called "weird"? Good! Wonder if there are more than just 2 houses still with Amazing 70s Wallpaper. I watch Homes Under The Hammer and practically cry as yet another house gets stripped. I want to buy them all and start a wallpaper-in-situ museum! Or at least get in there before the buyers and photograph all those houses... has anyone done a coffee table book yet, d'ya think? x

Lisa-Marie said...

Thank you for the visit!

I can already tell I'm going to like your blog :)