Tuesday 10 May 2011

Technicalities Tease

Ho ho. In the space of 24 hours I have fouled up the computer 3 times. The first one was hitting some random key, by accident, that made everything on the screen go at a 90 degrees angle. Operative words being random and accident, I hadn't got a clue how I'd done it, or more vitally what to do to make it go normal again. To make things even more ham-fisted, the mouse thought the screen was still the right way up so I felt like I was trying to reverse-park a car. In heavy fog. Tried holding the laptop at 90 degrees, but somehow that didn't quite feel right. I also discovered you can make everything on the screen go upside down. New tricks to try on the students at the World of Work there, then. The next surpise was the wireless mouse. I am not totally convinced this one was down to me - it was working, I popped upstairs, I came back down, it was no longer working. The 12 year old swears he didn't drop it... And I have tried new batteries. And to cap all that, I have yet again managed to accidentally alphabeticise my email inbox. No idea how that happens, other than hovering the mouse hopefully over the bit it was over before.
Official Day Off tomorrow, which I'm earmarking for slapping paint on the walls. And maybe getting some powertools out. What can go wrong....?

4 comments:

Vix said...

I get totally perplexed with computers, I need to borrow a 12 year old to figure anything out.
Be careful with those powertools. xxx

Trashsparkle said...

The 12 year old will be having to sort out my twitter pic - can't for the life of me make that work, and I thought I'd sussed all that copy'n'paste malarkey ;)

Christina @ Fashion's Most Wanted said...

Lovely to have found your blog and thanks so much for your comments at mine.

I have a Mac and find PC's completely impossible but if you click on "date received above your emails it should put them back in the right order, hope that helps xx

Trashsparkle said...

Thanks Christina - I did sort it out; I hate letting a badly behaved computer win! Still have no real idea how not to do it again....

Loved your post about Dalston - 12 years ago I sold a flat in Goldsmiths Row (what an idiot I am)- it was above all those now-revamped shops and bars. Really miss the area - used to walk down Columbia Road every day on my way to work.