Well, I'm nearly there... as in nearly packed ready for going on away on Saturday. I can't believe how much time I've wasted this week without making a start on Doing Stuff. My mum does herself a timetable of what she's doing for the week before she goes anywhere; and she irons too - that's two things we do differently already. I've always envied that tale of Anita Pallenberg just jumping on planes with a credit card in her back pocket... you never heard of her trying to take the kitchen sink.
This is what I still have to do:
- Wrap up 4 small packages for ebay
- Photocopy some money stuff to get the 13 year old's school bus pass (though that can wait another week)
- Clean the fishtank
- Get the 13 year old's case packed
- Get the 12 year old a haircut
- Find all sorts of random ointments that we might just need while we're away - mouth ulcer stuff being the kind of thing they expect you to be able to produce at 11pm
- Find our map of the place we're going to (handily found last month in a house clearance shop)
- Pack the Pizza Express and Bella Italia vouchers that I traded in the Tesco points for
- Watch some more daytime antiques programmes - who knew you could sell Russian cutlery for £6,000?
To make it sound better, these are the things I have done so far:
- Peered inside the 12 year old's suitcase that he packed last week and shook out the screwed up hoodies and noticed that he's only packed 2 t-shirts and no underwear.
- Packed my Ideal Holiday Capsule Wardrobe, then took out 4 things and put in another top, but no jewellery yet.
- Left lots of space in my case for Items I Might Just Find In Charity Shops
- Dyed my hair
- Bleached the bathroom tiles and got that shower curtain in the machine - always an essential getting-ready activity, non?
- Realised we have no food for today or tomorrow so went to the supermarket, and got fish'n'chips for tonight.
- Watered the plants. The outdoor ones, that by law of averages will get rained on at some point next week. Haven't watered the indoor ones.
So, I must be all ready to go, right? I am pretending so...