Sunday 11 December 2011

Oh Heck .... Two Weeks To Go

Well, what a surprise it is to discover that I am Quite Behind With Things this Christmas. So unlike me...

We've got the tree, Glittery Mary and Bertram, and various other sparkly draperies about the place. We've now had two consecutive weekends of eating mince pies. Which is very slobbish behaviour, and is setting me up to want to hibernate a bit, watch rubbish films, that sort of thing. Not to clean the house or do lists, or any kind of silly rushing about.

In fact, apart from some fairly random, and not completely comprehensive, online purchasing of presents, I've been looking for more Marys online - wooden ones, that might smell of churches. Or even fabulous waxy, plastic ones, all the way from Argentina. They are apparently very In Demand for Christmas and going for £££. I blame the Treasures From Heaven programme Andrew Graham-Dixon, Love God of the Reliquary, did the other night http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b012248j


           
                 


Yesterday, while I should have been Busy Doing Other Things,  Singing In The Rain was on tv. I was getting quite annoyed by the clipped, hurried way the lines are delivered, but ended up finding these adorable posters:


     

2 comments:

Vix said...

I think you need to take a trip to Greece and snap up some of their souvenir icons and carvings, especially with their economy being in such a dire state at the moment. x

Lisa-Marie said...

I love relics.

In then next four days I have to make two pairs of slippers, an appliquéd blanket, a tea cosy, some tree decorations and various food gifts. And here is sit, reading blogs.